Here I will try to gather all the awesome rules of design I come over while surfing the net. There are always some genius rules that I would need to follow when developing a new website or app, but you remember nothing when it comes to it. So here’s the list:
- Make at least 3 drafts. The more the better. Apple chief designer Jonathan Ive makes at least 50.
- Carefully consider a color palette and then stick to it. If you aren’t sure, stick to two or three colors.
- The less, the better – stick to the K.I.S.S. method (keep it simple stupid)
- Look at every font on the page, every font size. And every time you see a new color or a new font size, you add up a point. I want this page below five points. (Marissa Mayer)
- Check Mental Notes. Is it possible to implement some of them to your website?
- If someone doesn’t get what your website is about – the design is bad. Make sure everyone gets it.
- Once you’re in the app, is it two taps to do anything you want to do? (Marissa Mayer)
More to come!